Seeking counselling takes courage. Knowing when you need help and asking for it is a sign of strength.
Students in crisis should contact:
- Calgary Distress Centre: (403) 266-4357
- Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566
- IM Well Student Assistance Plan: 1-877-554-6935 (North America). If outside North America, call collect at 1-416-956-2968
Students not in crisis but seeking support may visit or contact:
Make an appointment
Counselling is offered in-person, remotely (through MS Teams), or by phone. There are currently two ways to book with the Counselling Centre:
- Call (403) 284-7666 and leave a voicemail listing your name, phone #, Student ID#, delivery preference (phone, video or in-person) and two booking options that work for you (i.e.: Tuesdays 9am-12pm and Fridays 1pm-3pm).
- Email email@example.com noting your name, phone #, Student ID#, delivery preference (phone, video or in-person) and two booking options that work for you (i.e.: Tuesdays 9am-12pm and Fridays 1pm-3pm).
Fall office hours
- Monday through Friday 8:15 am to 4:00 pm
AUArts employee counselling
The AUArts counsellor provides services that contribute to the wellbeing of the entire AUArts community.AUArts employee counselling
AUArts counselling team
The AUArts counselling team is here to help!AUArts counselling team
See some of the common questions people ask about counselling.Counselling FAQ