Seeking counselling takes courage. Knowing when you need help and asking for it is a sign of strength.
Please be aware that the counselling office is currently closed. Students in crisis should contact:
- Calgary Distress Centre: 403/266.4357
- Crisis Services Canada: 1.833.456.4566
- IM Well Student Assistance Plan: 1.877.554.6935 (North America). If outside North America, call collect at 1.416.956.2968
Students not in crisis but seeking support may visit the Student Success Centre, or contact:
Make an appointment
Counselling is offered in-person, remotely (through MS Teams), or by phone.
You can book an appointment by email (email@example.com), through the MS Bookings App (instructions below), or by phone at 403.284.7666.
- Select “Intake” if you have not been seen this academic year.
- Select “Counselling Appointment” if you’ve completed a screening.
Fall and Winter Semesters
- The Counselling Office will re-open mid- September through April 30
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Spring Semester (May 1 through June 15):
- Monday through Friday 8:15 am to 3:45 pm
Summer Semester (mid-June through mid-August):
NOTE: Office closures tend to be more frequent during spring and summer semesters when demand for counselling services is lower. The entire AUArts community is notified well in advance when closures are planned. Alternative resources available during these periods are provided.
AUArts employee counselling
The AUArts counsellor provides services that contribute to the wellbeing of the entire AUArts community.AUArts employee counselling
AUArts counselling team
Jason Bauche is a Registered Psychologist who lives and works in Calgary.AUArts counselling team
Counselling intern program
AUArts’ counselling internship program enables students in the process of completing their M. Sc., M. Ed., or M. A. degrees to gain valuable work experience.Counselling intern program
Urgent care resources
If you or someone you know is in need of urgent psychiatric care, you can drop in to any of the following locations for help.Urgent care resources
See some of the common questions people ask about counselling.Counselling FAQ