AUArts Career Services Centre
AUArts Career Services Centre (CSC) aims to help students understand the variety of career options and provide guidance in planning the best path to a successful career.
The CSC plays a fundamental role in providing support for students in:
- Articulating their career goals
- Developing the professional skills needed to be successful in their jobs and careers
- Creating strategies to beat challenges and barriers
- Finding a job that aligns with their talents and values
- Networking with creative industry leaders
The CSC also plays a fundamental role in avoiding greater uncertainties and increasing students’ potential for success. Many recent graduates do not understand how their knowledge and skills that were acquired in each course can turn into paid work and a successful career. Throughout the first year of studies, planning must be carefully and strategically built to ensure that students are prepared to enter the job market and that their interests and values align with the job purpose.
Please note: AUArts Career Services Centre is currently adjusting our offerings. Please stay tuned for exciting new services coming soon. Due to these updates, we are unable to book an appointment at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to supporting you in the future.
At AUArts, the basis for building an effective career path is identifying the gap between where you are and where you want to go. Therefore, some of the services that the CSC offers are:
- CV/Resume: What is your target? Who are you trying to influence? What kind of industry? What position? What critical skills and experience does this position call for?
- Cover Letter: The idea is not to replace your resume. It is to bring out why you are the best candidate for the job and what made you apply for it at that specific company.
- Interview Preparation: It will give you some tips to perform better during this process by helping you articulate your competencies, improve your confidence and self-knowledge, and we can prepare you for some general questions recruiters tend to ask.
- LinkedIn Profile: LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the internet. An accurate profile will help you find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career.
- E-mail: email@example.com