Everything you need to know about your Student ID, facility services, library access, parking and tax forms.
Make the most of your time on campus by covering your bases and getting to know the below information!
AUArts issues an ID card to each Continuing Education student who are enrolled in on-campus courses longer than one day. We encourage Continuing Education students to hold onto your card after the end date of your course, for future use.
Your ID card will provide you access across campus. Use it to release interior doors in stairwells and activate elevators.
Cards are active only during the dates of your course and will be “turned off” once your course ends, and will be re-activated remotely when your next course starts.
You will pick up your ID from the security office before your first class meeting of your course.
Arriving 15 - 20 minutes early will give you plenty of time to get your card and get to class.
If you are registering last minute for a course, your ID card might not be ready for the first class meeting. You can sign out a Temporary ID card from security for that evening’s class and will need to pick up your ID card from reception or security just before your second class meeting.
You are responsible for your card. If you should lose your card, you may purchase a replacement for $25. Please contact our office to request a new ID card.
Your AUArts ID card will also get you a discount on art supplies at a number of local, independent art supply stores in Calgary: Destination Art Supply, Inglewood Art Supply, Kensington Art Supply, and Mona Lisa Materials Ltd. Show your card and course registration when checking out.
Lost or stolen ID cards will be subject to a $25 replacement fee. Worn out cards will be replaced for free at security.
For Single Day Courses: Obtain Temporary ID card from security for your single day course as you will not be issued an AUArts Student ID card.
AUArts is a smoke-free environment. There are designated smoking areas outside of all exterior doors. Please stand 10 metres away from entrances.
The AUArts cafeteria is closed evenings and weekends, we suggest bringing your own snack and water bottle with you. There are food services available on SAIT campus, just a 10 minute walk away.
No food in studio spaces, drinks with lids are allowed.
Please dress appropriately in closed-toed sturdy footwear and non-precious clothes as many art materials leave permanent stains.
The Library is located on the second level of the university and the library staff will be pleased to introduce you to the range of resources available to you. Their specialized collection is focused on supporting contemporary art, design and emerging media practices.
Registration in Personal Interest courses does NOT give students full access to the Luke Lindoe Library. To borrow books from our library, students will require a TAL card, which they can obtain from any public library. When borrowing from the Luke Lindoe Library, students will need a TAL card and acceptable identification, such as photo ID. While using a TAL card, students may borrow a maximum of 5 books.
When not registered in classes, you are welcome to continue to use the library with an Alberta Library (TAL) card.
Bookstore & art supply purchases
Contact Bookstore at email@example.com or 403.284.7663
Learn more about our on-campus galleries.
Jubilee Parkade, adjacent to AUArts, $11 per entry (daytime), $7 per entry (evening). Credit card and cash only.
Jubilee Parkade is directly adjacent to AUArts on the south side of the AUArts building. It is accessed from SAIT Way. Pay stations are located on Levels 1,4, 5 and 6. Park on Level 6 (top) and walk in the Main AUArts Entrance. The security office is located in the main mall, where you can retrieve your ID card.
SAIT Parking lots maps and fees
- To get to AUArts from the SAIT Parkade (7-minute walk to AUArts):
- Exit the SAIT Parkade and walk west to the SAIT Campus Centre building.
- Inside the Campus Centre building, veer left past the Parking Pay Station and take the first right, continue past the gymnasiums and across the LRT bridge.
- Proceed down the stairs, go through the white metal doors, along the Jubilee Walkway to the wide flight of stairs (on the left-hand side) that will bring you into the AUArts Main Mall (level 3). Across the Mall and on your right, is the white AUArts main reception desk where you can pick up your ID badge.
- Remember to pay for your parking at the Parking Pay Station before returning to your vehicle in the SAIT Parkade.
Withdrawal requests must be submitted by email. Your request will be effective from the date we receive your withdrawal.
Please include the following information in your withdrawal request:
- Your name
- Course title + code
- Course start date
- Reason for withdrawal
Refunds are offered on the following terms:
The $55 processing fee (+ GST) included in your tuition is non-refundable after registration.
In order to receive a full tuition refund you must withdraw at least seven (7) calendar days before their first course meeting.
No tuition will be refunded for a withdrawal under seven (7) calendar days before the start date of your course.
Students do not require a study permit to take Continuing Education courses. This program is not Designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit.
Your tax forms (T2202) will be available online in March of the year following your course date.
Continuing Education Students: Please follow the steps below to receive your T2202 form.
You will need your AUArts student ID number to access your tax information. Email Continuing Education for assistance.
- You will need your student number and a 6 digit PIN number to access your account. If you not know your PIN number, contact the Continuing Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to reset your PIN number so you can access your tax form online.
- Log in to Student Self Service and click the Student Service tab
- Click on Canadian Tax Forms and enter your Student ID again
- Select Tax Year and Printable T2202 Form (PDF) click Submit (you can access your tax records dating back to 2004)
- If the error message "Social insurance number (SIN) is invalid, provide valid SIN" pops up, please see SIN Number Collection, below. Note that you can still print your form without providing a SIN number by pressing "Ok."