International students FAQ

Find commonly asked questions about continuing education courses for international students.


Q: I am a student on a study permit - am I eligible to take Continuing Education courses?

A: Students do not require a study permit to take Continuing Education courses. This program is not Designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit.

Q: Are there language requirements for your micro-credential and certificate programs?

A: Yes, to enroll in our credential courses you must meet one of the following requirements:

  • A score of 83 or higher on an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) on the Internet-based test (iBT), with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four testing sections, or 220 on the computer-based test (CBT). 
  • A score of 70 or higher on the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment, or a score of 70, or higher on the computer edition (CAEL CE) 
  • A score of 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Test (IELTS) 

International student main page