Bachelor of Fine Arts
Masters of Fine Arts
The glass program at AUArts fosters creative, independent makers and critical thinkers, and a high level of student interaction with both faculty and guest artists.
Studio instruction in glass is presented in a workshop-style environment. The experience is enhanced through visiting glass artists who work closely with students, and by strong ties to the broader glass community.
- Four Glory Holes with 12” and 20" diameters
- Two 300-pound glass furnaces
- Six annealers with programmable controllers
- Seven kilns with GB 1 controllers, providing numerous possibilities for warm glass and casting processes
- Full range of cold working equipment, including three state of the art cutting lathes, NSK engraving stations, and two Suhner water-fed hand grinders
- Individual studio spaces for third and fourth year students
Access to all glass studios (Hotshop + Coldshops)
Monday, Tuesday + Thursday | 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday + Friday | 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday | 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Educational Art Technician
Lisa Cerny - 403.284.6229
AUArts’ Glass faculty share their broad range of experience in a collaborative, dynamic learning environment. High-profile guest artists add further diversity to instruction and mentorship.
Meet some of our incredible alumni: