Hello, AUArts Class of 2021 and 2022!
We're looking for up to six alum from the Class of 2021 and 2022 to work on a paid, high-profile and exciting project. You would develop creative visuals for concrete safety barriers installed between traffic lanes and summer restaurant patios in the neighbourhoods of Kensington, 17 Avenue SW, Inglewood and 4 Street SW (see image below).
A collaboration between AUArts and the City of Calgary, this highly visible project is an opportunity to:
- Gain client experience. You would consult with the City of Calgary and teams at neighbourhood Business Improvement Areas to develop a design brief consistent with the neighbourhood brand and beautifies the area.
- Design the creative.
- Learn how to work with a production company who is applying creative to the concrete safety barriers with vinyl wrap. You would not be painting the barriers.
- Gain experience developing print-ready files for the production company to the specification of the concrete safety barriers.
- Receive mentorship from an AUArts alum who is a highly experienced creative director and ensures an overall vision.
- Develop profile – your name will be on the barriers along with the AUArts logo.
- Be paid $2,000 (based on CARFAC daily artist fees).
Alumni from all programs from the Class of 2021 and 2022 are eligible to apply, but you must have the skills to develop digital design files for the final creative. While some meetings could be online, you must be in Calgary for necessary in-person meetings. You must be available to work on this project from March 29 to April 14.
Project timelines to ensure the City of Calgary can install the concrete safety barriers in mid-May to mid-June:
- Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 23
- Send examples of your portfolio of past work and/or online presence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist selection with possible interviews: March 23 to 28
- Consult with neighbourhoods, City of Calgary and Senior Creative Director; develop creative; develop print-ready files: March 29 to April 14. You must be available to work on this project during this timeframe.
- Final creative files due to vinyl production company: April 14
Apply today! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
NOTE: AUArts and the City of Calgary are finalizing a contract for this project. While we have no reason to think it will be delayed, if a contract is not signed before artist selection, the project will not proceed.
BELOW: Apply your creative onto the blank cement barriers in front of the restaurant patios in between the flower boxes.