Alberta University of the Arts is redesigning and installing new outdoor banners on lamp posts around the campus this summer!
7 different student works (including graduating Class of 2023) will be chosen to be displayed around the perimeter of AUArts campus. Each banner design will be paired with an AUArts brand banner with the university logo on it. Installation will be completed by end of June 2023.
An honorarium of $500 will be paid per artwork or design.
The banners will be on display for an estimated two years (weather dependent).
All interested AUArts students (including the Graduating Class of 2023) are invited to participate and submit up to 4 pieces to be considered. Subject matter must be suitable for all audiences and ages.
Banner Artwork Considerations
- Saturated colours that provide sufficient contrast (consider how it will look against a bright sky or cloudy wintery sky).
- Take into consideration the proportions of the banner when creating artwork. The banners’ proportions are a 2:5 ratio.
Artwork that is not supplied to the same proportions will need to be cropped accordingly.
- Consider the scale and distance of the viewing audience and use large-scale images and text if applicable. Finished size will be displayed 24” wide x 60” high.
- Digital artwork must be supplied at a sufficient resolution to avoid pixelation and ensure image quality.
- The artwork should maintain a minimum resolution of 1440 x 3600 pixels or 4.8 in x 12 in @300 dpi plus bleed. Wherever possible, provide it at a higher resolution than stated. File formats that are accepted are JPG, TIF, EPS or AI files.
Supply artwork/design at 1:5 scale @300dpi with 0.5” bleed
Convert all text to outlines, however no text if preferred.
Art Bleed size: 5.8” W x 13” H @300 dpi (1740 x 3900 pixels)
Art Trim Size: 4.8” W x 12” H @300 dpi (1440 x 3600 pixels)
Deadline to Submit: MAY 30, 2023
Students will be notified if their work is selected and will be required to sign a release form authorizing their work to be publicly displayed.